Tuesday, February 26, 2008

PERSUASIVE POSTER personal critique


This is my final persuasive poster design. I think the design and style of the poster is working well. The text bubble at the top gets the attention and then draws the eye down to the figures and then to the DRINK SMART logo. I think additional copy at the bottom supporting the logo would help get the point across that "bad" or "unwanted" events can occur because of irresponsible drinking. I think the dots in the background give the image more depth and the changes to the bed, pillow and monkey are working a lot better. The pillows look more like pillows and the figures contrast more with the background.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Some feedback on your final poster.

Your poster was great to begin with and the small improvements you made on it made it that much better. I could see this being around campus to promote responsible drinking. It is humorous but also provides a strong message. The illustrations and almost pop art/comic book style you gave it makes it fun to look at and also very interesting. The poster had great contrast and paper choice was well done. I think having it on a glossy paper added to it. I think it would have lost something if it were on matte. Well done, can't wait to see your series!

Ellie said...

Hi Lisa!

I think your poster is great. I love that you found a really strong illustrative style- it conveys the humor of your image well, which wouldn't have happened if you'd chosen a more conventional, or standard, style of illustration. And I also think your incorporated humor into your poster well. It definitely made me laugh, but the humor didn't detract from the message- it strengthened it by making the message more friendly and relatable. Many anti-drinking or anti-binge drinking campaigns take themselves too seriously and are too preachy, and it just makes people tune out the message. But yours didn't, so it would be very effective. Great job!