Tuesday, May 13, 2008

POLYMER PLATE: final prints





Here are my final prints of my polymer plate designs! I can't believe they turned out so well, just how I wanted them to! The registration on most of them was almost right on. The transparent inks also worked out, I was really pleased with the final prints. The image above shows the actual prints from the press and the polymer plates on the right hand side. Some of the prints were really interesting because the pink did not print fully, so when the green was printed on top, it created a gradient of the pink, green and overlapped color (the dull purple). Printing these was so fun, and seeing the final prints actually turn out how I wanted them to was amazing! Printing these was a great way to learn about the printing process, because sometimes its difficult for me to relate my digital designs to how they will be printed so they can turn out as close to the digital file as possible. A lot of work goes in to turning a digital design into a printed piece!!!

No comments: