Monday, April 7, 2008

GREENWAY personal critique



Here is my final design for the cover of the Greenway Coalition mailer. The actual size is 8.5 x 5.5 inches. I illustrated the flowers from reference photographs of native Minnesota plants. I think the flowers are more integrated into the photograph in comparison to my rough draft and the line quality of the flowers is working a lot better here, too. Overall, I think that the bright colors and integration of the people in the photograph, to show the community involvement aspect, makes the design interesting and eye-catching. There are still some things that I would like to change. The design of the top could be improved and I think a different photograph would also help the design.

1 comment:

Andy said...

The size of this piece is really nice. It's the sort of thing you could post up on a fridge rather than pile up or throw away. The bright colors of the flowers add a lot to the photograph- it seems very spring-like. The roads on the design throw me off a little, as well as the transparency of the sunflowers. The color white is used effectively.