Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SERIES personal critique








These are the final versions of my three campaign pieces. The top one is an interior bus ad, the second is a newspaper ad and the last one is a direct mail piece. The direct mail piece folds into a square. The top one is the outside of the mailer and the two white panels fold in to make the image. The bottom one is the inside image when you open the mailer. I created all of the images for the pieces in Adobe Illustrator and each piece is designed using one color and black. The figures and thought bubbles are in black and white so they really stick out from the colored backgrounds and create a visual hierarchy. I added statistics to each piece to develop more of a directed focus and credibility. All of the pieces turned out well and I think they really get the message across in an interesting way. They were designed to reach college students/young adults and get the serious message across through fun illustrations that don't talk down or try to persuade through depressing imagery like many other alcohol abuse ads. To develop this campaign, I created a unified appearance with repeated images that appear in each piece (the dots in the background and figures, the Drink Smart logo, the lamp and the thought/speech bubbles). Overall, I really like all of the pieces, and I'm happy to see that all of my hard work payed off!!!


1 comment:

Gina said...

Lisa-
I love the style that has developed throughout your series. Although the style is fun and upbeat, the the cold hard facts smack you in the face and take the pieces seriously. I am glad to finally see them in color as well, it just adds liveliness to the composition. Good work!!!