Monday, April 28, 2008

POLYMER PLATE






For the last assignment we were given a word that ended with MADE. My word was HOMEMADE, so I thought of homemade food, like cookies and pies. My design was based on the retro-style aesthetic to portray my word homemade. It resembles the signs from the 50's while emphasizing the homemade component with the fresh pie. The top image shows both of my plates and the colors I want to use for each plate. When the plates are printed it should turn out like the bottom image, with the purple color being the mix of the pink and green. I hope they turn out!!!



2 comments:

Angela Wang said...

I think these will definitely work out, although I might suggest using a bit darker of a green to avoid some vibrating boundaries between these two highly similar values.

Alyssa said...

I was really impressed with your design and illustration. I think it fit really well with the 50s style of your design motif. I really liked the ink drawing style used too.

Exploring different color combinations could be fun. It would give the housewife a different personality if you used a magenta and cyan. The seafood green color is specific to that era and fit well.